Concrete Cashmere is a design-build firm and furniture dealer based in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are focused on bringing a fresh approach to commercial, retail, institution, and medical projects. We work with clients to thoughtfully integrate their needs, branding a unique style to craft a well-designed, functional space that brings their vision into existence.
What We Are Looking For
We are on the search for a new full-time Intermediate Interior Designer to join our creative family. This position offers the opportunity to work on various commercial, retail, and medical projects across the lower mainland. The ideal candidate will be able to develop their skills in not only design but in construction and furniture sourcing. This job offers the opportunity to cultivate innovative and creative solutions for all of our clients and projects.
- Handling design projects and design process (development of design from beginning to end)
- With the overall team on the project, responsible for the general success of every project including hitting schedule and staying on budget
- Meeting with clients to establish vision, requirements, budget
- Submission and review of all forms/schedules for permits for different Cities
- Reviewing construction documents and engineer drawings
- Review building codes, zoning and local regulations
- Building and maintaining relationships with trades & suppliers
- Manage client billing process from reviewing proposals with design team to final invoicing.
- Developing strategy, preparing proposals, and assisting in negotiating contracts
- Client presentations (working drawings, finishes, digital presentations)
- Assigning, coordinating, and reviewing the work of project teams
- Working closely with the Project Manager to establish scope, issue addendums, and reviews of all documents
- Manage and hire interns from schools, weekly evaluations on their performance, delegate tasks accordingly.
- Planning and goal setting for future periods
- Office upkeep, ordering supplies
- 4+ years of Commercial Interior Design experience
- Degree or Diploma in Interior Design from a recognized University or College
- Experience in applying for commercial permits and following them through to issuance
- Experience in coordinating Architects, engineers and other subtrades during the design phase of a project
- Solid understanding of BC Building Codes (VBBL & BCBC 2018)
- Excellent AutoCAD, Excel, PowerPoint, and Office Microsoft skills
- Excellent writing skills and English language comprehension
- Knowledge in 3D Sketch-up and high-quality rendering would be an asset
- Understanding of furniture design and furniture systems is beneficial but is not essential
- Time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Valid BC Driver’s License
Work With US
- An extremely positive and productive atmosphere with an incredible culture
- Access to a range of adorable puppies that come into the office every day
- Casual business environment
- Monthly team-building events (sports, events, activities etc.)
- Healthy work/life balance
- Competitive compensation package with a combination of base and commission
- Car allowance, cell phone and benefits
- And much more!
To apply to this position, send your resume to the attention of: